What is Financial Planning?
Financial planning is the long-term process of wisely managing your finances so you can achieve your goals and dreams, while at the same time negotiating the financial barriers that inevitably arise in every stage of life. Remember, financial planning is a process, not a product.
A financial planner can help you achieve or maintain financial independence. Some aspects of financial planning may be too complex for most people, such as calculating how long your retirement capital will last or maximizing tax strategies. A good financial planner will work with other professionals, such as attorneys, accountants, and insurance agents, to coordinate their efforts with your overall financial needs.
Create a Sound Financial Plan
- Step 1: Establish Goals
- Step 2: Gather Data
- Step 3: Analyze & Evaluate Your Financial Status
- Step 4: Develop a Plan
- Step 5: Implement the Plan
- Step 6: Monitor the Plan & Make Necessary Adjustments
Read more on the benefits of financial planning, as well as what you'll need to bring to your first meeting.
- The Sky is Falling: The MoneyGuidePro® Retirement Lifestyle Plan
- Worksheet for the Pre-retired: This workbook is designed to gather your personal information, goals, resources, and risk tolerance